"Wait" in Automatic Phone Number Dial
How to use "Wait" method in Automatic Phone Number Dial with Android phone?
This method of adding an extension number to a contact's phone number should be used in cases where the extension number cannot normally be entered until you have listened to an automated message.
1. As with the previous method, open the contacts app on your Android phone and find the contact whose number you wish to add an extension to. You can also usually open the contacts list via the phone dialer.
2. To edit a contact, either touch and hold on their name until a menu pops up or open their contact information page, and then select Edit Contact.
3. Touch the screen in the phone number field, making sure that the cursor is at the right-hand end of the phone number. The on-screen keyboard will appear.
4. Using the Android keyboard, insert a single semicolon immediately to the right of the phone number. Some keyboards, including the one on the Galaxy S3, will have a "wait" button that you can use instead.
5. After the semicolon, without leaving a space, type the extension number for the contact. For example, if the number is 01234333666 and the extension number is 288, the complete number should look like 01234333666;288.
6. When using the Wait method, a notice will appear on the screen when the automated message has finished. This will ask if you want to dial the extension number, giving you the choice to proceed or cancel the call. Not Using Android?
These methods can be used to add extension numbers to contacts on almost any type of cell phone, including the iPhone. The exact steps will vary, but the basic information is applicable.
2013-06-25, 3256👍, 0💬
When was ZTE Overture phone first released? How does ZTE Overture phone look like? What are the main...
Huawei U8800 - How do I delete a text message in a message thread? 1. Touch and hold the message to ...
How much does the iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus weigh? The new iPhone 6 and even the larger iPhone 6 Plus...
When was Apple iPhone 5s first released? How does Apple iPhone 5s look like? What are the main techn...
How to set Up a Samsung Galaxy - Location Settings and Dropbox? Location Settings Many apps and serv...