Access Android Files with Windows Computer
How to access files on my Android phone with a Windows computer?
If you want to access files on your Android phone with a Windows computer, you can follow this tutorial.
1. Connect your Android phone with the Windows computer using a USB cable.
2. Enter your password on the phone to unlock the screen.
3. Go to the Windows computer. You see some device drivers installed automatically.
4. Open "My computer" on the Windows Explorer. You see your phone listed as a device.
5. Click to open the phone device. You see an external disk drive representing the file storage of your phone.
6. Click to open the disk drive. You see a list of file folders like:
Alarms Android backup DCIM download Movies Music Notifications Pictures Playlists Podcasts Ringtones ShareMemo ...
Different folders are used by different apps on the phone to store their files. For example, "DCIM/Camera" is used to store photos taken by the camera on the phone.
You can open and read any files in any folder on your phone. There will be no impact on your phone and its apps.
However, modifying or deleting files on your phone may cause problems to some apps on your phone.
See other tutorials on which folder is used by which app on your phone. How to transfer files from the phone or to the phone.
2022-07-26, 292👍, 0💬
Where to find answers to frequently asked questions about setting up Apple iPhone? Here is a list of...
What does MEID stand for? And what does the MEID number mean on my phone? MEID stands for Mobile Equ...
When was HTC One phone first released? How does HTC One phone look like? What are the main technical...
How much does the iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus weigh? The new iPhone 6 and even the larger iPhone 6 Plus...
iPhone -Contacts - How can I add a custom label to iPhone contact numbers? The iPhone Contacts app p...