iPhone Activation Error - No SIM Card
Why I am getting the "SIM Required" error while trying to activate my iPhone?
If you are trying activate a new iPhone, or a deactivated old iPhone, you will the "SIM Required" error if there is no SIM card inserted in the iPhone.
Here is a typical activation scenario:
1. Turn on your iPhone. You see the "Hello" screen.
2. Slide the screen to the right. You see the language selection screen.
3. Tap on "English". You see the "Select Your Country or Region" screen.
4. Tap on "United States". You see the list of Wi-Fi connections available in the area.
5. Tap on your own Wi-Fi and enter password for the Wi-Fi. You see a message saying "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone".
6. Wait for some time. You see the "SIM Required" screen with the message: "Please insert a SIM card".
So a valid SIM card is required to activate your iPhone. It is internally locked by the cell phone service provider. And you have to get a SIM card from them to unlock it.
The picture below shows you steps to activate an iPhone without a SIM card:
2018-02-17, 923👍, 1💬
What are the differences between WiFi and Bluetooth technologies? WiFi and Bluetooth are both wirele...
What will happen to the data transfer if my new iPhone uses the same passcode as my old iPhone? If m...
When was Gresso Luxor Las Vegas Jackpot phone first released? What was the price tag? How does Gress...
When was HTC First phone first released? How does HTC First phone look like? What are the main techn...
Do you know the calling code to Australia? The calling code to Australia is "+61". You can find it i...