iPhone Activation Error - No SIM Card
Why I am getting the "SIM Required" error while trying to activate my iPhone?
If you are trying activate a new iPhone, or a deactivated old iPhone, you will the "SIM Required" error if there is no SIM card inserted in the iPhone.
Here is a typical activation scenario:
1. Turn on your iPhone. You see the "Hello" screen.
2. Slide the screen to the right. You see the language selection screen.
3. Tap on "English". You see the "Select Your Country or Region" screen.
4. Tap on "United States". You see the list of Wi-Fi connections available in the area.
5. Tap on your own Wi-Fi and enter password for the Wi-Fi. You see a message saying "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone".
6. Wait for some time. You see the "SIM Required" screen with the message: "Please insert a SIM card".
So a valid SIM card is required to activate your iPhone. It is internally locked by the cell phone service provider. And you have to get a SIM card from them to unlock it.
The picture below shows you steps to activate an iPhone without a SIM card:
2020-12-24, 5069👍, 2💬
How to set Up a Samsung Galaxy - Location Settings and Dropbox? Location Settings Many apps and serv...
What are iPhone 5S model numbers? I want to check my iPhone model to ensure I have an iPhone 5S. You...
When was BlackBerry Z10 phone first released? How does BlackBerry Z10 phone look like? What are the ...
What is the SEID on my phone? SEID (Security Element Identifier) is a long identifier of the Securit...
Connecting to Wi-Fi on Android - Connecting to Wi-Fi on Android Any time your phone has an open Wi-F...