Turn On/Off AirDrop on iPhone
How to turn on and off AirDrop function on my iPhone?
Here are the correct steps to turn on AirDrop function on your iPhone.
1. Turn off Personal Hotspot with "Settings > Personal Hotspot > Off". Personal Hotspot and AirDrop are using the sample transfer mechanism. So they can not be used at the same time.
2. Turn on Wi-Fi with "Settings > Wi-Fi > On". AirDrop requires Wi-Fi to send or receive files.
3. Turn on Bluetooth with "Settings > Bluetooth > On". AirDrop requires Bluetooth to send or receive files.
4. Go to "Settings > General > AirDrop" or open Control Center. You see 3 options:
Receiving Off Contacts Only Everyone - Checked
5. Check the "Everyone" option to turn it on.
Once AirDrop is turned on. Your iPhone is ready to send and receive files with other nearby Apple devices.
With "Everyone" option turned on. Any other nearby Apple devices can see your iPhone showing up on their AirDrop list.
If you are concerned about your privacy, you should set it to "Contacts Only", so only your friends can exchange files with you.
If you want to turn off AirDrop function, you should set it to "Receiving Off".
The picture below shows you how to turn on and off AirDrop on your iPhone:
2020-02-20, 423👍, 0💬
How a phone screen display size is measured? What does a 5.8 inch (150 mm) phone screen mean? Cell p...
When was Sony Xperia Z phone first released? How does Sony Xperia Z phone look like? What are the ma...
Cell Phone Care & Maintenance - on't drain the battery Don't drain the battery. Do not leave...
What is GPS (Global Positioning System)? How a GPS navigation system works? The GPS (Global Position...
Windows Phone 8 Basics - Set alarms on my phone - To delete an alarm If you don't need to use an ala...